View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer

Female Number of posts : 224
Roleplay Name : Jordan Summerfield.

PostSubject: Share something personal   Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Since not many people trek here anymore, do you guys mind if I vent a little bit on here? I don't have anywhere else to go, really. And this is actually the network on the internet (other than neopets) that I was involved with for the longest, so I feel like it's a part of me. And I really should feel like sharing. And I feel like if you guys want a place to vent too, where there really isn't anyone to read except the few of us here still, then I'm sure that this is the best place to do so seeing as how it's private and we're all a pretty close bunch. That's what I like about here. It's kind of solitary.

Anyways, umm. Yeah honestly I don't know where to start. I guess for now I can tell you all about how my dad is being deployed to afghanistan for 400 days. No one in my family thinks that it will bother me, since I don't talk with my dad a lot anyways. But I really do appreciate it when I am around him, and I love him to bits. And sure, it would be bad in any time of my life to lose him for so long. And the last time I was away from him this long was 13 years ago, when my parents first split up. I would go a year and a half without seeing him. Until I was seven and he moved up to where I lived, I only had an old military ID to remind me what he looked like between the rare visits. It was hard. Whenever I saw someone that looked like him, I tackle hugged him, and then became mortified when I found out that it was, in fact, not my father. (I even broke a man's nose like that, and I feel horrible about that bit) The point is, I need to see my dad every once in a while. Even if it is just once in a few months.

And his deployment couldn't come in a worse time. He's being deployed on my birthday. He won't be able to see my 17th birthday, or my 18th. OR my highschool graduation. OR any of my choir and theatre performances OR my going off to college. And just because I don't see my dad a lot, everybody just assumes that I don't really care about it. Like it won't bother me as much as my stepbrothers or my stepmother. But it does. My stepmother bought everyone in my family little bracelets and trinkets for them to wear when he's overseas to show support, but she "didn't think about getting you one, because I wasn't sure if you would wear it"
OF COURSE I WOULD WEAR IT. I WOULD WEAR A GIANT SOMBRERO THAT I CAN'T WALK IN TO SHOW MY SUPPORT. AND FRANKLY I FIND IT DOWNRIGHT OFFENSIVE THAT YOU THINK I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS DEPLOYMENT WHEN IN FACT IT'S KILLING ME INSIDE.

Anyways, yeah. That's my life. And if anyone wants to vent about their lives, just to gather their thoughts, you are welcome to vent here. It's fine. And I think it really helps to have my thoughts down somewhere. So yeah. That's my life. Feel free to express yours if you have the time.
Back to top Go down

Share something personal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1