It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

Male Number of posts : 65
Roleplay Name : Mazie Addison

PostSubject: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:22 am

Mazie wasn't the type to often stray too far from the path while walking through the woods. Especially not in a foreign location such as Mineral Town.

However, on that warm afternoon, she found a peculiar bird perched high in one of the nearby trees. It was a pretty bird, a blue coloured one that she could not identify. The song it sang was the most beautiful melody she could recall ever hearing. She only wished she knew how to identify the beautiful creature.

Whatever became of the situation, she wanted to get a better look at this bird. But it seemed that approaching it was going to be a more difficult task than she thought for as she approached the tree to see him better, the little bird flew off to a nearby tree. "Come back," the girl said to the bird as if it would be able to understand. And even if it could, why in the world would it come back to her? "I just want to see your feathers better! You're very pretty."

And so she found herself roaming into the forest and away from the trails set out by other villagers. She was intent on getting a better look at this beautiful bird so long as daylight remained strong. She would never want to be near the forest at night for that was when the wild animals ran rampant. Mazie was okay with them living in the forests at night, so long as they didn't do any harm to the people of the town.

Plus, Mazie wasn't very fond of the dark.

"Where did you go? You silly bird, I just wanted to--" But while she roamed, her gaze focused intently on the branches overhead, she paid no mind to where she was walking. She didn't expect any sudden landslides because it was a rather flat piece of land, and she didn't expect there would be any other various dangers awaiting her in the forest.

Apparently, she was wrong.

Without thinking, she had closed her eyes. All she felt was a bit of a breeze and her body falling. Had she fallen into a hole in the Earth? Why would there be a random hole in the middle of a forest? Regardless, she was greeted with a solid thump as she hit the bottom. Hesitantly, she opened her eyes...

A wall of dirt. It was strange, but as she traced the wall all the way up to the surface, she realised that it actually was a big hole. And she had fallen right into it while carelessly chasing that foolish songbird.

"Hey!" Mazie called out, climbing to her feet and dusting herself off. It must've been covered with a light layer of sticks and leaves to make it blend in with the ground. Shattered pieces of stick and debris were scattered around her at the bottom of the pit. But the edges were far too high for her to climb out herself. "Is there anybody out there?"

She was trapped.

In the middle of the forest.

In a strange place.
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

Male Number of posts : 269
Roleplay Name : Konstantin Tribute

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:52 am

Grrrr

Grumble

Grrrrr-- "GOD DARN IT, will you shut up? I KNOW I'M HUNGRY. THIS IS MY BODY TOO, YOU KNOW!" I yelled out, my patience at an end; glaring down at my stomach. Currently, I was hunting around the forest for some food, it was almost dusk, so this was the best time for me to find a rabbit, some fish, or if I was lucky, a boar. Too bad I didn't have the energy to do it, so I did the next best thing; I dug a pit-fall trap. Sure, it took me some time, but I'm sure it'll be worth it, I just need to wait and listen. Absently, I noticed that a blue bird just suddenly flew away from a tree nearby in a startled mess of wings.

'Wait a second.. that tree's near my trap! Maybe something fell in?' I questioned myself, hope surging through me; I really did have to eat, I haven't ate anything in almost two days now. Clearing my head of those thoughts, I rushed as fast I could to the pit-fall trap, stopping and observing it from afar. "Hmm.. the edges are crumbled; something heavy must've fell in. Maybe a stray sheep? Hopefully, it is!" I grinned to myself, walking up to the top of the hole, peering inside of it cautiously, to find a..

"A woman? Oh crap, really not what I intended," I mumbled softly, regarding the woman trapped inside carefully, looking out for any damage to her person. Luckily, it seemed that she was dirtied at worst, so there was nothing to worry about. "Hey, hey! You alright down there?" I called out, poking my head directly above the hole.

Let me just hope that she really is okay.
Back to top Go down
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:05 am

Though she was stranded down in a hole, trying to get a hold of someone--anyone--to get her out, she realised that the chances were slim. It was in the middle of the forest. Why in the world would anybody be walking around, randomly hear someone calling out in distress, and come to the rescue? But she hoped at least the hunter would check back before dark.

Mazie didn't want to become food for bears.

The idea made her shake her head, trying to dismiss the thought, when suddenly a shadow loomed over her. Something was at the top of the hole!

Panicking, she glanced up to find the face of a human being.

Perhaps this is the hunter, Mazie mused with a big smile. She waved up at the boy who peered down at her. Or perhaps I'm the hunted.

"Just as good as anyone trapped in the woods can be," she responded cheerfully. The smile never left her face. "I'm so lucky you came by--look, I'm in a bit of a fix down here. It seems that I've fallen, and... well... I can't get up." Mazie said this as if it was a casual thing, but inside she felt a mix of worry and relief.

On one hand, she was with another person. This was her chance to be rescued. But on the other hand, she didn't know this person and had possibly just ruined their trap.

"Are you the hunter who set this thing up, by chance?"

She left out the afterthought of wanting to kick his butt when she reached the top. After all, what kind of person digs a hole in the forest floor and just leaves it unguarded?
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:19 am

I stared blankly down at the woman; she was rather cheerful. Too cheerful, to be honest. Even more so when you consider the fact she just fell into a trap. And even more so, again, when you consider her appearance--she seemed to be like a pretty woman, probably from the city, so getting dirt onto herself would probably infatuate her to no end. That is, if she was a typical city-woman. I couldn't help but wonder at that, she seemed to be an opposite of me; if I was in her position, I would be cursing up a storm right now. Oh well, to each their own, I guess,' I shrugged it off, crouching down in front of the trap; extending my arm down toward the woman. "Well, to answer you, I've no problem with helpin' you out'o there. And yes, I am the hunter. You just lowered my chance of surviving this week," At this, I cut off and shivered faintly as my stomach gurgled again. It has been two days; my body would start eating my--non-existent--fats to survive soon.

Keeping my hand outstretched to her, I wondered if I would be able to pull her up; I was starving, almost out of energy, and I'm as thin as a twig right now. Could I pull a grown human up? I didn't know the answer to that, but I would just have to risk it. "So, grab on, and let's get you out of here so you can yell at me already!" I grinned at that, it probably was going to happen, too.
Back to top Go down
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Mazie couldn't be more thrilled at the idea of being helped out of this horrible situation. The sun was going to be setting, and the last thing she wanted was to be in this hole in the dark. But regardless of how many times her mind returned to the worst-case scenarios of the situation, she tried to ignore them.

Just be glad there's someone helping you, and stop over thinking things.

And then the hunter spoke, extending a hand to her.

"Alrighty then, Mr. Hunter, let's do this," the girl said with plenty of enthusiasm, despite the situation. The man looked pretty scrawny, but being that he was a hunter, she had to trust that he had some strength to back him up. Besides, he was her last hope. If he couldn't do it, he'd have to go find help from somewhere else. "I feel a tad guilty for ruining your trap, so when I get out of here, I'll feed you for a job well done. How does that sound?"

And of course, I'll yell at you, too. That fall wasn't painless, I'm now filthy, and being trapped down here wasn't exactly the best thing that could've happened to me... what if you didn't show up? Plus, I think my butt is bruising...

But she realised the boy had been left waiting. Reaching up as far as she could, Mazie extended her hand towards his. Though it was a bit of a stretch, she managed to grab onto his hand and she held on as best she could. She confirmed, "I've got it."
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Nodding curtly, I tightened my grip around the woman's hand; tugging on it roughly, but making sure not to hurt her arm. She was slowly, but steadily being lifted off the ground. I grinned at this, it seems like I was strong enough after all! Glancing down at her, "This is easy.. you're lighter than I expected!" I stated cheerfully, nodding down to the woman as my shoulders sagged in relief.

'Oh crap, not this again!' I thought as my eyes widened, I accidentally put too much weight leaning forward; I was falling! Falling onto the woman! Into the pit-fall trap!

"OH CRAP, BE CAREFUL!" I shouted out, gripping the woman around the waist; twisting around to allow myself to take the impact and allow her to be cushioned by my body.

And just like that, we landed with a thump; my back slamming into the ground painfully.
Back to top Go down
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Though Mazie had tried her best to work with the man, even trying to climb up by digging her feet into the packed dirt wall surrounding her, it was still a slow process. Any number of things could off-set the little bit of balance they had, but the hunter gave her a compliment of reassurance. "Of course I am." Though she doubted this was all that true.

She was working with him as best she could because she knew that it wouldn't be an easy task. Pulling anyone out of a hole in the ground, even a child, without a support tie at the top to hold them grounded was a dangerous move. It would require patience and careful work--it was almost like an art. Inwardly, Mazie smiled at the thought. "Almost there, almost there...!"

The top was almost within reach. She could almost see the forest floor again. The girl was almost free from the trap she had foolishly walked right into. But she was so caught up in trying to get her first glimpse of the ground's surface that she didn't notice the hunter had off-set their balance just the slightest bit.

And then she was falling again.

This time, the girl didn't close her eyes. She knew what was happening. Something had gone wrong. She was falling right back into the same trap again, and this time she was already bruised from the last fall. Shoot, it was so clo-- The hunter called out to be careful. Someone grabbed her. Then she closed her eyes again.

But the fall seemed to come to an abrupt stop, a rough jerk as they hit the ground and this time, Mazie didn't want to open her eyes.

As she took a silent moment to recover from the idea of having fallen right back into the hole, she rolled off of her rescuer and gave a heaved sigh. If she opened her eyes, she would surely see the sky... but she didn't want to see anything. She pieced together quite quickly what had just happened, and though it had happened fast, it was still disastrous.

Next to her, probably in pain from the fall and having to break Mazie's own fall, was the hunter. The hunter who was supposed to be at the top of the trap, who was supposed to be getting her out of this situation and making it all better. Now, the two of them were trapped at the bottom of the hole and there was no one else to come and rescue them.

Who would know the hunter had a trap laid there? Who would just happen to be roaming through the forest at sun down, coming to find them trapped in this pitfall? And even if someone came by, who was to say they wouldn't end up in the pit, too?

Turning her face slowly, Mazie's eyes fluttered open. Her face was dirty, her hair was messy and she was in pain. But she gave the boy a smile. "Hey there," she said as if this was a casual situation. "My name's Mazie Addison, but you can call me Maze. I'm staying in the Inn over in Forget-Me-Not Valley. I came to spend a day in Mineral Town, just to check out the sights... how about you?"

If we're both going to die together down in this hole, we might as well introduce ourselves. This may be the last company I have in my life, after all.
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:51 pm

After hitting the ground, Konstantin let out a small groan; relaxing the tension out of his body. The landing had been painful, but not as painful as he expected, it was really nothing he hadn't endured before. Grimacing, he pushed himself up after the woman rolled off of him. Turning to face her, Konstantin was struck by the oddity of what he had just done. 'Why··· Why did I just put her safety above mine? Sure, I would do it in a heart beat for someone I know·· But for someone I haven't known for five minutes? ··· I·· I guess it was a split-second reaction,'

Konstantin shook his head, returning his focus to the woman; only to find her still laying on the ground with her eyes closed. To Konstantin, it looked like she was resting. 'Understandable··· I guess. She was probably in the hole for a while before I found her, she must be tired. Can't begrudge her that!' He thought while absently noticing that he was acting oddly cheerful -- unlike his usual attitude. Konstantin sighed as he realized that the woman's cheerful attitude was rubbing off on him; he was feeling rather chipper, and that was an odd feeling for him to have. He would openly acknowledge that he was a glum guy; it's been ingrained into him since he was a kid. A sound of rustling clothes brought his attention back to the matter at hand; the woman was turning to look at him.

Konstantin listened in interest as the woman--Mazie--started to speak, humorously noting that she was, indeed, cheerful. Rolling his eyes in faint amusement, he started to speak, " Well, Miss Mazie, I'm Kosty-" At this Konstantin cut off, deliberating with himself if he should disclose his real name; would she make a big fuss over it like everyone else? Or would she just take it in stride? 'Well.. she looks like nothing will bring her down from cloud nine, might as well, He thought dryly, continuing on, "Konstantin Tribute - No, I'm not a communist. No, my last name isn't a gag name, and no, these aren't contacts, I'm an albino. I live here in this forest; no house or nothing, nice't meet'cha!" He stated slowly, being careful to cover all of his sensitive topics first, nodding towards Mazie.
Back to top Go down
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 pm

The girl gave a silent nod of acknowledgement after the hunter--Konstantin--introduced himself to her, and she pulled herself up into a seated position with mild struggle.

So the boy was Russian? If he hadn't mentioned not being a communist, the idea never even would have flashed through her mind. But it was a fair disclaimer, she thought, as it was something that the boy may have been hassled for a lot in his life. She gave a bit of a shrug, and her smile returned to her face.

"Well, Konstantin, you can take comfort in the fact that I'm not here to make judgements on you based on a name, a background or a living condition. I'm not overly well-to-do myself, financially, but we all get by somehow." Mazie paused for a moment. "But it looks like my offer of treating you to a real meal after getting out is nothing but a pipe dream, now."

Tilting her head back, the girl found herself wondering how deep the hole was. After all, the sky always looked high up from the ground, but down in the whole it looked like it was a million years away. And the idea of being trapped in this hole until dark was uncomfortable for Mazie--she didn't want to be eaten by wild animals. But what chance did they have of getting out now? Both Mazie and her rescuer were now trapped.

"So, what did you initially intend to catch in here?" Maze asked, trying to make light conversation. If they didn't speak a little bit, then it would go awkwardly silent. Being trapped in a hole with the only stranger who knew about the trap was already problematic enough, but if they didn't make conversation to take their minds off the given situation, it would quickly become unbearable. "I'm assuming I'm not it, right? And nobody plans to trap themselves... unless, perhaps, they've got multiple personalities or something."

Though Mazie intended to climb to her feet and inspect the distance between her standing height from the surface, she found she was distracted by Konstantin. It was only now that she had taken a good look at his appearance, since he was in the hole with her now and not hanging over the top.

He was oddly scrawny for a hunter--how did he manage to catch and wrestle anything that lived in these woods? He was tall, but there didn't appear to be much meat on the other side of his loose-fitting clothing. It just sort of draped over him. It was an odd look for a hunter, and Mazie began to wonder how he had ever intended to pull her out of the hole to begin with.

Her smile didn't fade as she asked, "By the way, what is the likelihood of us getting out of here? You think we're going to die in here, perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:38 am

Konstantin felt a smile form on his face as Mazie spoke; a true, happy smile--one of the kinds he rarely experienced. He felt the tension in his shoulders leave him as he rested his head back against the dirt, staring up to the sky in slight wonder. 'Why is she so nice to me? I got her into this hell-hole, she should be angry at me..' He frowned, considering his thoughts and analyzing what he knew of Mazie so far from his brief interactions with her. She seemed to have a cheerful persona with a smile that never dimmed. And as if to prove his point, Mazie spoke to Konstantin again--with that same cheerful smile still plastered over her face. Listening intently, Konstantin shrugged nonchalantly.

"Uh.. first of all, I never intended to take you up on that meal offer; I'm not leaving this forest! Secondly. thank you for not being a god-forsaken, brainless, ra--" At this, Konstantin cut off, internally wincing at his words; he'd gotten carried off and started to curse again. Shaking his head, he continued, "Err, judgmental person. Yeah, thanks for not being judgmental." Pausing, Konstantin considered her last few questions, shifting uncomfortably as he regarded her last one. "I don't know what I would have gotten, really. Probably a rabbit or something. And you can sleep assured that I'm not a cannibal; I have no interest in eating you for dinner," Konstantin chuckled dryly, continuing on with his small-speech, "Lastly.. chances of getting out aren't that high, I'm afraid." Stopping, Konstantin blinked blankly as he had a brief epiphany; if both can't get out, why not one of them?

Grinning, Konstantin continued on, "Buut, I'm pretty sure I can get you out of here~" He finished off, a slight sing-song tone creeping into his voice.
Back to top Go down
Bakyura
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:37 pm

"That's okay," Mazie said, her gaze drifting upwards once more. The idea of being trapped down in a hole made her feel small, but she also felt a sense of relief at the fact that she wasn't alone. Obviously, the best outcome of the situation would've been to be rescued and to be on her way back home to the valley, but there was no changing what had come from the day's events now. Yet, the idea of not going through it alone made her feel like she had at least a bit of room to breath in her shrinking world. "We could always just build a campfire or something and cook with that. That would be really cool!"

Then she began to ramble.

"You know, in Forget-Me-Not Valley, there isn't a whole lot of camping to be done. The forests there aren't as open as the bush around Mineral Town seems to be--if you'll have me back out sometime, I would love to experience this kind of a lifestyle! I bet it's exciting. Never knowing where your next meal is going to come from, or what kind of weather you might be experiencing, you must have adventures every day! I really--" But she cut herself off.

"Forgive me," Maze said with an apologetic bow of her head. "Sometimes, I get a little bit carried away on side topics."

All of this ramble was hypothetical. What it all really came down to was the idea of getting out of this situation alive. But they both seemed to have a similar outlook on this idea--the chances looked quite slim.

"I didn't really take you for the type, but I'm glad that I can be assured." Just the idea made Mazie chuckle. Being stuck in a pitfall with a cannibal... that would be something of an entirely different nightmare all together. But his humour about the situation put the girl at ease because as long as they continued to be positive and think about it without being distracted by the fear of death, they could surely work something out.

Somehow, those people who got stranded on isolated islands always seemed to get free, after all.

But this was completely different. They were in a hole. In the middle of the woods. As dusk settled over the nearby town and their even being alive was entirely forgotten by the world. Nobody would notice their disappearance--the people of the valley knew Mazie had an abstract schedule. If what Konstantin said was true about living in the forest, than he, too, would have no family in town to realise his absence. And no ordinary person roamed around casually in the forest at dusk in search of trapped people.

Konstantin suggested getting Mazie out. The idea of being the only one to get free, though, was unsettling. "What, you're going to boost me to the surface or something?" She was skeptical. Even if they had just met, she wasn't about to take this token of good will and carry on with her life. She needed to be assured that there was no leaving anyone behind. "And what about you? What are you going to do? We're both going to get out of here. And that's that! I'm in this because you built this trap and left it unattended. But I was also responsible for getting you caught up in this, so we owe it to each other."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]   

Back to top Go down

It's a Trap! [Black Heart - Konstantin and Mazie]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1