Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer

Female Number of posts : 224
Roleplay Name : Jordan Summerfield.

PostSubject: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:54 pm

After a long walk into the dense forest between Forget-Me-Not Valley and Mineral Town, Jordan then realised that she could have easily bought what she needed at the supermarket. She groaned and balled her hands into fists, pounding them into a tree in frustration. All she wanted were a few herbs and medicinal plants. She had planned the day out perfectly from food to water to in case of bears. Now knowing that she was going out of her way, making it more difficult to acquire these things, screaming seemed like the only good option.
Minutes passed of just screaming and having a good old fashioned temper tantrum in the middle of the woods before she calmed down. She could still get the herbs for free if she found them in the woods, so her trip wouldn't be useless if that were to happen. However, her hobby wouldn't die out just because she couldn't find any wild mint. She still had her garden back home and her countless books. For months, Jordan grew and gardened several plants with medicinal properties with the purpose of learning how to make alternative medicine. It passed the time and it was fun when it wasn't being costly or stressful or confusing.
Jordan sighed and checked the time. Just a little past ten, she had plenty of time to look around. She pulled off her rucksack and shuffled around in it, pulling out a dictionary of medicinal herbs and plants.
"Now let's look for some wild mint, shall we?" She said to no one, flipping the pages to find the appearance of it. It seemed common enough, so it shouldn't be too hard to come across. She crouched low to the ground in areas where she thought good places to look were, humming softly to herself and grabbing other types of useful plants.
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

Male Number of posts : 269
Roleplay Name : Konstantin Tribute

PostSubject: Re: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:00 pm

"You know.. today's rather dull," I told myself blankly as I strolled through the dense forest that I currently lived in. In all honesty, it was a dull day. Everywhere I looked, all I saw was the lazily waving trees of the forest. I haven't been this bored in a long while, 'Three months, to be exact,' I mulled over that thought; remembering the time when I tried parkouring around the trees due to my boredom. I winced at the thought, shuddering at the phantom pain of my broken arm. 'Yeah.. I need to find something't do before I pull a stupid stunt.. again,' And with that thought, I sped up my pace, breaking off from the main dirt road and entering the canopy of trees. "What't do, what't do, what't do?" I muttered; glancing around in desperation. Just as I was about to give up hope on finding something interesting, one of the trees nearby shook violently; normally, I wouldn't pay it any mind, what, with the wind and all, but the way it shook was as if someone was, "Cutting it down? No.. impossible, they'd need a chainsaw for these trees," bored--and curious--as I was, I walked into the clearing to find.. a woman screaming her head off while attacking a tree?
Shocked as I was, by the time I snapped back into reality, she was picking some plants from the forest floor.

"Hello?" I asked, a faint waver in my voice. Was this woman insane?
Back to top Go down
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:25 am

Jordan had fully calmed down and even gathered some of the wild mint that she needed by the time she noticed that she was not alone. There indeed had been a young man looking in her direction. Her heart jumped and she made a quick shout. She did not know how long he had been standing there, or if he had seen her--episode. Yes, that was a good word for that.

She stood up and tried her hardest to brush off the mud and grass off of her person. Picking twigs out of her hair and holding her plants gently, but firmly, in her arm. Jordan tried her best to smile and look pleasant and not like a person who pulled her first temper tantrum in years not even an hour ago. In retrospect, there had been better ways to handle the situation. And now knowing that she might not have been as alone as she thought when it happened, it became hard to rid her face of an embarrassed blush.

"Oh! Hello there. Have you been here long?" She said as decently as she could looking down at the ground and not meeting eye contact at all. "Am I intruding? Because if this is private property, I'd leave in a heartbeat." She begged to the Goddess for a hasty retreat. Jordan had what she needed and more, but she did not want to explain her outburst had he seen it.
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:54 am

I watched in faint concern as the woman--whom I just noticed to be in her late teens to early twenties--jumped up with a yelp. Turning to face me, she hastily patted herself down; getting rid of the dirt on her clothing, 'Boyish clothing,' I noted humourisly; she looked more like a boy than I did! Although I did have a tendency to exggerate things, I honestly would've thought she was a boy if it wasn't for her voice. Shaking my head faintly, I quickly left that train of thought and focused on the woman, she seemed to have said something. "Say again? I was lost in thought, sorry," I said with a small blush and apologetic grin.
Back to top Go down
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:17 am

Jordan was taken aback. Why this man, this boy had no courtesy to even listen to what she was saying. How rude! The boy seemed to be lost in thought and dazed back and forth between staring, almost ogling, at her and gazing off into his own little wonderland. Shouldn't have expected a gentleman in the forest, though. Well, she wasn't expecting anyone. Jordan had expected to be in solitude for the day. After all, the towns nearby had not many people. And even if they did, few went out into the woods.

Before giving the satisfaction of an answer, she looked the boy up and down herself. She saw nothing more than a grade-a ruffian. There were guys who looked just like that growing up. Always causing trouble. Tipping cows and setting fire to her families' crops. Dear Goddess, one time those--those punks stole her brother's chair, his wheelchair, and left him to rot for hours before anyone found him.

Just the thought of any character like that infuriated Jordan, but she reminded herself to stay calm. For starters, a person is better to respond when level headed. Second, Jordan did not need to throw another fit.

Jordan stared the boy down, giving a slight, narrow glare. Just enough to not be called a glare, but implied and threatening, she smiled. "Well I was just asking if you had been watching me for long," said Jordan through her teeth. She noticed that her voice had deepened, not even an octave, but noticeably. To a light, threatening, grumble. Jordan Summerfield is strong, she can defend herself. If this boy tries anything, she will fight back. Goddess pray it doesn't come to that.
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 am

'She seems friendly enough,' I thought, half cheerful and half glumly, and indeed she was; at least she didn't try attacking me like some people did! Sure, she seemed on edge, but I can justify that; running into a stranger in the middle of a forest can do that to you, they could be--and most of them are--a creep that would try to rob you, or worse! Shaking my head, I settled my red-eyed gaze back on the woman, and it looked like I should answer her soon; her whole demeanor seemed impatient, or--angry seemed to fit her better. I couldn't help but think that seemed like an odd emotion to be on her, she seemed to be better fit being happy, 'Might as well remedy that!' I thought as cheerfully as I could while being stared down by a woman--whom I just noticed was about an inch shorter than I was. "Ah, does five minutes count as 'a long time?'" I asked her, and then I decided to sit down; my legs were actually starting to ache from all the walking I did yesterday and today.

Allowing myself to slump down to the ground, I crossed my legs and leaned back against the tree behind me; watching the woman in front of me expectantly, "I'm Kostya! Nice't meet'cha, I live around these parts; been living here for.. a year? I guess. What about you? Do you live here to? What's your name? It'd be nice to have a neighbour! You dress funny, you know that? I almost thought you were a boy for a second there, and-oh! Sorry, I was looking for something to do--I'm bored, you see--and your screaming attracted me to this place, sorry if I'm disturbing the peace! You were picking some plants, from what I saw--do you happen to need any help?" I chattered a mile a minute with a cheerful grin on my face.

I'm not stupid, I know that acting like that wouldn't make her want to stay around me; and that was exactly my point. I liked being alone, thank you very much! I don't think I can handle living around people again, after what happened last time. The thought itself made my smirk strain to stay there, let alone the action itself. Clearing my head of my thoughts, I settled my gaze--once again--on the woman, awaiting her answer. 'Let's just hope she doesn't attack me.'

Last edited by Kamal on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:53 pm

During this boy's, Kotsya's, mindless chatter, Jordan loosened up. Obviously the punk life didn't choose him like she thought. It was comforting to know that he hadn't seen her little outburst in the trees. And only saw her gathering herbs for the last five minutes. Sure, he could have been lying. However Jordan didn't want to test that with a question. So she stood there with her arms crossed, still cradling her bunch of plants. The stench of wild mint tickled her nose.

In Jordan's childhood, her mother taught her to listen to comments, no matter how rude, carefully and attentively. So that is what she did. Every question she considered in her head and kept track of hopefully all of them. Sure he talked fast, but others have talked faster to her. And were not so chipper at her. It was a nice breath of fresh air to have that--or was that the mint? She did not know.

When he stopped, he gazed eagerly waiting for her response. Jordan adjusted her posture, looked as polite as possible, and took a breath. "Oh you've lived here for a year. In the forest or in one of the outskirting towns? I live over in Mineral town just east of here, been living there for around a year give or take. My name is Jordan. Yes, I know that I dress "funny", but I haven't gotten many complaints about it here. So I shall continue to do it. Being mistaken for a boy is nothing offensive to me, so don't worry," she then paused. Mentally reviewing the last response that was on her list to answer. She blushed furiously in embarrassment.

"Y-you saw me in my little temper tantrum?" she asked hesitantly. Because if he had, then he surely hadn't been there for five minutes. And if he hadn't been there for five minutes, then how long had he been there? Surely she couldn't trust him now.

"I think I will be fine on my own, thank you very much," said Jordan quickly and evasively. And then she got the impulse to do something else. To say something else, something stupid. Why? Because he wasn't trustworthy, why should she have to be back? Why should she even be a she to this person? He didn't seem like a threat, but one can never know. And it was sneaky, and interesting. Surely she wouldn't see this boy again soon, right? Might as well do something interesting, something daring. Her life had been so ordinary in the months past.

Her eyes narrowed and she smiled. "And for your information, I am a boy." And there it was. That was the lie. She could easily get away with it, she had in the past effortlessly. It made it easier to travel from place to place alone a boy rather than a girl, it was just common knowledge. Her voice was still not deep and whatnot, but she easily evaded that in the past. "Just because a man's voice isn't as deep as another's does not mean that he is a she." She said trying to sound offended.

And now she waited.
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:51 pm

Obviously, I was doing my new self-imposed job of making the woman--Jordan--relax correctly. It gave me a weird sense of satisfaction, truth to be told, it proved that I could actually do something, other than watch clouds, correctly. Observing Jordan, I could see that while she didn't totally trust me. she couldn't detect any hostility; mostly because there wasn't any hostility from me. I was also rather pleased that she was paying attention; it made driving her off that much easier, of course! It had nothing to do with my ache for a fri--'NO! Keep those thoughts out of your head, Konstantin! You've done it for years, and you'll keep doing it, end of discussion!' I thought viciously to myself, shaking my head subtly to clear it of my old thoughts.

A true smile graced my face as Jordan paused, it seemed that she wasn't like most girls; most would explode at me if I mistook them for a boy, even if it was unintentional. Admittedly, just about every time was intentional, but that wasn't the point! The point was--'What the? .. She was just relaxed, now her body language seems.. hostile? No, that's wrong.. it's closer to being hesitant, but even that's still wrong,' I briefly wondered over the problem presented to me, tilting my head to the side as I observed Jordan with squinted eyes - I always managed to forgot that doing that made my expression rather close to a fox. Not hesitant--she's ··· Mistrusting?' I was confused, she was relaxed just a minute ago, why the sudden change? Either way, I couldn't help but thank my orphanage. If they gave me two useful skills in my life, it would be the way I can now read people, and how I learned to depend on myself.

"Wait, what?" I asked, snapping my head up toward Jordan; surprise etching itself onto my face. 'A boy? I-I refuse to believe that! There's no way a boy could be so··· so··· feminine!' Narrowing my eyes, I took a closer examination of Jordan--no, I was not ogling her!--trying to see just how true his--her?--statement was. 'God.. I hate doing this; it makes me feel like such a pervert,' I sighed under my breath, drawing to a conclusion. "Liar," I stated rather boldly, plastering a hurt expression on my face. Although, I actually was hurt that she lied to me--rather hypocritical of me, but I had a proper reason to lie--my name was horrid!--she, on the other hand, had no reason to fear me.

"First of all, you acknowledged the fact that I mistook you for a boy; secondly, you addressed your high voice as 'a man's voice,' not 'my voice.' Next, your.. err.. curves, I guess, are womanly. I doubt a male would actually look like that. Lastly, your facial structure is rather feminine. That draws me to the conclusion that you're a female.. why did you lie to me?" I asked at the end, looking away with my face rather red--why was I blushing? Sure, I talked about her looks at the end; but it was just that, talk. I quickly glanced at Jordan out of the corner of my eye before blushing again, looking away even more.

Will she think I'm a pervert? I hope not; I hate being mistaken for those people.'
Back to top Go down
RainbowMilly
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Jordan was altogether surprised that this young man saw through her façade. Sure, there had been others. But not many. Nevertheless, Jordan held her ground. No going back. It's either trusting a lie or having no trust at all. Jordan crossed her arms and locked her knees in place, her stance unmoving and strong. Sure, this act was going against everything she believed in, but no one was here to scold her except for Kotsya.
Jordan scoffed and rolled her eyes at every point made to her feminine side, making sure to take into great detail what he said. When he was done and asked her why she lied, she was ready. "Listen Sherlock, I didn't lie to you. I don't know what you're seeing, but I really am a dude," she started.
"I mean, I know I'm not scruffy and v shaped like most guys, but I really am. When I thought you said I dressed funny, I was acknowledging my patched clothes and holey shoes," she half-lied pointing at her worn out clothes. "Money is tight now a days. You have over analysed, big time. If you think I look like a chick, fine by me. Just don't tell me that I am one."
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:30 pm

I felt the heat in my cheeks lower as Jordan scoffed; and eventually resided completely as she--he?--spoke. A silver of doubt crept into my head as I questioned if I was mistaken, then it was ruthlessly squashed. There was absolutely no way he--she!--was a male. I was certain of that, even as a rush of confusion assaulted me. Why would she lie? I still didn't understand, and I doubted I would understand anytime soon; so I just took it in stride. I smirked toward Jordan as I fiddled with my hoodie; slipping it off of me. Glancing down at my chest, I confirmed that I wasn't wearing anything under it. Shaking my head briefly, I turned my gaze back toward Jordan; smirk still there, hopefully regarded as a challenging one. "Well then, why don't you take your shirt off? Fellow males here, nothing to hide!" I drawled out, standing up from my previous resting place.
Sauntering up to Jordan, I tilted my head to the side to regard her closer. "There is nothing to hide," Cutting off briefly, I leaned my head in closer to Jordan, leaving it a few inches away from her, "Right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]   

Back to top Go down

Hunting and Gathering[Konstantin and Jordan Black Heart Event]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1