View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

Male Number of posts : 121
Roleplay Name : Limbo

PostSubject: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure   Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Welp, seeing as we don't have a thread for this amazing game I figure I'd push one out myself.

Skylanders: I have no idea where to begin on talking about this game. With the process of technology and pure awesomeness, Activision decided to combine two of the greatest things together into one bundle: Collectable figures and video games. The game itself is almost like stepping into a long lost era of gaming, combining the gold collecting and "Just one more level" mentality of games such as Gauntlet, Diablo to a lesser extent, and a top down beat'em up.

The figures themselves are also quite an interesting piece of work, each figure containing its own special character which can be stuck into the game using what is called "The Portal of Power." You either plug this device in, or if you have a wireless one not so much, and power up your game. Putting a figure on the Portal zaps them into the game, allowing you to play with the character in game. As if having that character in both physical form and on the screen wasn't cool enough, each Skylander has its own "brain," which saves the amount of money you have, XP, hat choice, nickname you gave it, and skill choices you have selected for your character. So if you have a level 8 Gillgrunt with 802 gold, and chose (insert skills and skill path chosen,) then the physical figure remembers all of that.

Now, why is that important you ask? Simple answer: Cross Platforming. No matter what game system you play on, you can take your figurine and put it on a Portal of Power, and you'll be playing with your specific character. An example: If you own the Xbox 360 version of Skylanders and decide to visit your friend, whom has a copy of the game on the Wii instead, placing your character on his Portal still has you playing your own Skylander. Later that day you are on the go on a long bus ride, so decide to break out your Nintendo 3DS, you put your character on and he's still the same character you've been playing as. To be honest, it's an incredible unique and amazing feature to watch in play.

I could go on forever about this game if I really felt like it, currently they are pushing out the second game for an October release date with new figures, new figure types (Giants,) and promotions are running for additions to the game in the form of little figures called "Sidekicks." I'm currently waiting for mine to come in the mail- cursed mail order system promotions.
Back to top Go down

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1