Share | 

Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BiddyAuthor

Female Number of posts : 24
Roleplay Name : None as of now.

PostSubject: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:28 am

Which console do you prefer to play harvest moon?
For me, I have all three consoles and I like the gamecube, just because it's so appealing to me! And also I like DS because it's just that it's a moblie console I can carry whenever I get bored Smile
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

Female Number of posts : 137
Roleplay Name : Nastasha Varient

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:35 am

The only DS game of HM I have is Harvest Moon: DS. I asked for Tale of Two Towns so I can't tell you how I feel about the DS yet. Gamecube is nice, but I can play my gamecube HM games on my Wii so it's a double whammy (cept the cheat codes don't work on the Wii so someone needs to invent new ones)! So I guess the Wii because of how you get to rub the characters in Animal Parade. It sounds so dirty but it's really innocent, I swear!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lattecurlz
Limbo
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

Male Number of posts : 121
Roleplay Name : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:37 am

The Nintendo 64 version easily takes the cake for me, with the GBA's Friend's of Mineral Town following after because it was so similar. It was the first venture of Harvest Moon into 3D if I recall. It looked good, I put so much time into it while growing up- ah, good times. Mineral Town follows after because it reminds me of HM 64, so it's just the understanding of "You're like game X, so now I love you game Y."
Back to top Go down
BiddyAuthor

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:11 pm

LatteCurlz wrote:
The only DS game of HM I have is Harvest Moon: DS. I asked for Tale of Two Towns so I can't tell you how I feel about the DS yet. Gamecube is nice, but I can play my gamecube HM games on my Wii so it's a double whammy (cept the cheat codes don't work on the Wii so someone needs to invent new ones)! So I guess the Wii because of how you get to rub the characters in Animal Parade. It sounds so dirty but it's really innocent, I swear!
Yeah rubbing the animals does sound weird, but since I have the game and play it, i know what you mean.... You know you can rub the bachelors to boost up their hearts right? It sounds even dirtier but really you just use your controller to legit "rub" the person or animal. It's kinda funny :3
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Limbo: Unfortunately, my parents only ever bought my brothers games for the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 so Harvest Moon never came into my life until the Gamecube. Funny story actually, my brothers always got to get games from Blockbuster and I never did so I wanted one. I had no idea what anime.manga art style was back when I was 8 or 9 probably but the art style of Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life called to me (it was new at that time). I couldn't stop playing it. But in short, I would love to play the old Harvest Moon games...if I could! Maybe the Wii will put them on the Wii Shop Channel one day.

Biddy: I tried out rubbing the bachelors and I was like OMG SO DIRTY CUZ THEY LOVE IT! It was a good laugh along with the delightful music. *Ahem* but I also find it disturbing how you can rub the other characters (old people and young children) as well. Not that it isn't humorous...
Did you know you could propose to Taylor?
Back to top Go down
Momoko
Farmer
Farmer

Female Number of posts : 414
Roleplay Name : Momo, Momo-chan
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:27 pm

I feel out of place with all these new members lol. xD For me, I really like the Wii, Animal Parade was really addicting for me and kept captivated even for months. Finally got married to Chase after many months of playing. :D DS is good as well as a portable system, with DS Cute, Tale of Two Towns, and Grand Bazaar. Not sure about Gamecube since I never had a Harvest Moon Gamecube game.
Back to top Go down
http://mizu_kanon.livejournal.com
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:32 pm

I absolutely love Chase! I think in Animal Parade they definitely strived to put more attitude and emotion into the characters. Tree of Tranquility was good, but the characters were lacking something I had noticed. When playing Animal Parade, that thing the characters were missing was filled and I think it was a more developed personality. The gamecube games were pretty good. They came out with Magical Melody on the wii if you noticed, the downside is that you can't play as the girl character in the Wii version which is a waste in itself, that's basically a whole bunch of dialogue on the Bachelor's part just flushed down the toilet...but I digress since I went way off topic there.
Back to top Go down
Momoko
Farmer
Farmer

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Chase love! <3 *high fives* 8D I have ToT as well, and really didn't like as much as Animal Parade. You're right, in Animal Parade, I actually felt like these characters had more emotions and it was very enjoyable to see their reactions to different events in the game. I felt Chase was more meaner or aggressive in Animal Parade than Tree of Traquility actually. xD

Yeah, I got Magical Melody for the Wii but didn't like it that much, since I was playing as a boy instead of a girl. I thought I was going to be playing as a girl so I accidently named my character Sara. Epic fail on my part. :P I really wished they put the boy and girl characters, it isn't that much extra work importing from Gamecube to Wii.
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:52 pm

*Totally recieves that high-five XD* OMG! I thought the same thing. Chase seemed much more distant and mean than in ToT. But I loved it because it was just so...right! It made more sense. I love the reactions of the characters in AP as well (without all the personality they put in her I fear how Wizard and Witch would have turned out).

When they had MM come out for Wii I was really psyched, I looked up the new features and realized you could only be a boy so I think Natsume, Marvelous, Serious Fun, AND Nintendo definitely should have thought that through a little more. Not saying that guys don't play HM either, but the majority of their fan base are girl gamers if you think about it. You can even do the little comparison thing on the Nintendo Channel to see which gender voted more for any HM game on the Wii or DS. I think it was a bad call on their part.
Back to top Go down
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer

Male Number of posts : 235

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:53 pm

I have to say gamecube takes the cake for me, because of the nostalgia value to it. The first Harvest Moon game I had was A Wonderful Life, but I do enoy the Wii games too. I prefer the Rune Factory games for the Ds over some of the games they made for it.
Back to top Go down
Momoko
Farmer
Farmer

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:53 pm

@LatteCurlz

...Will you be my online buddy, Chase fan? xDD I was so excited to meet in when I first got Animal Parade, but when he was distant to me, I was like: "0.0 whhhhhy Chase?". It made want to work harder to win him over lol. ...The horror I am imagining now for Witch and Wizard.

I feel that Harvest Moon has a bigger girl fan base because of the aspects the game has like with marriage, taking care of animals, and growing and crops. Though I won't deny the boy fanbase it has as well, I don't think it can compete with the girl fan base that much. I really hope they make a girl version like they did for the Nintendo DS games.
Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:14 pm

I will most definitely be your online Chase buddy! I have fanfic on Fanfiction.net based on a love story between him and the main character (my love for him know no boundaries XD).

That would be a good idea, I would love to play DS Cute because it involves two characters to choose from and an extra character (SKYE~) as well.
Back to top Go down
BiddyAuthor

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:55 pm

I love Chase too! I married him in Animal Parade Smile Now I'm working on marrying Gill. I too was very sad when he was so distant in the game at the start. I was like "Chase, I love you don't be like that!"
LOL. I sounded like a fangirl. God, I hate those that are totally obsessed with a character from anime. Although I can relate, total and complete obsession isn't very healthy.
Back to top Go down
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:14 pm

I used to have a gamecube, but I lost it. Orz
;A;
RAAAYY I MISS YOU AND MY DARLING DAUGHTER CRYSTAL ;A;
I kind of regret naming her that now, I don't know why I was obsessed with that name in the first place xD.

Right now I have my Wii and DSi
So I only play Harvest moon DS/Cute, Harvest Moon Island of happiness, Harvest Moon Animal Parade, and more.

Haha~
On animal Parade I named my eldest daughter Iris~ I shall have another daughter named Anastasia if that could fit.
On DS cute I'm trying to marry Skye and have a son. Yup, nothing else.

Quote :
RainbowMilly : That's a record. Most kids ever had was 69..
AlisaElric0150 : I know. X3.
@ 35bell : -giggle-.
Youtube~Formspring~Fanfiction
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
Arwan
Farmer
Farmer

Male Number of posts : 235

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:44 pm

Married Nami in a Wonderful Life. Martin in another wonderful Life, Leia on the first Ds game. Magical Melody the pink haired girl Nina? Cliff on more friends of Mineral Town. Freya in bazaar.

Wii Renee in both Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade.

Back to top Go down
LatteCurlz
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:19 am

In Another Wonderful Life I married Rock first (I was little at the time and he looked cool XP). Then Gustafa, then Marlin. In A Wondeful Life I married Nami (whoo!) and later went for Celia (Never went for Muffy). Magical Melody I married Blue, Kurt, and Alex. ToT I married Luke and then Owen and then Chase (cuz I couldn't resist). AP I married Wizard first (cuz he was all lonely and mysterious X3), and am now going for Chase!
Back to top Go down
BiddyAuthor

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:31 am

I have Harvest Moon DS Cute, Island of Happiness, and Animal Parade. On DS Cute, I married Skye (YAY), on IoH I married Vaughn and then Denny, and on Animal Parade I married Chase and I'm working on marrying Gill!
Back to top Go down
MidnightxMusic

Female Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 am

I feel so weird just jumping in here. xD

The only Harvest Moon I play now is AP on the Wii. Though I rarely play it, 'cause I'm usually too busy finishing my Pokemon game or typing out fanfictions or going on Facebook and stuff. Razz Gill and our son must be getting lonely in there...Don't worry, Gilly. I still love you! D': Oh, uh...yeah, I love you too, Nolan...

I used to play DS Cute, but I gave up trying to woo Skye because I had like, 40 sprites and you need 60 to marry. P;
Oh, and I remember I got Rock up to a red heart when I realized he's a complete idiot/jerk and then I found Skye. Dang, I wasted a bunch of time on that guy...he reminds me Nick from Backstreet Boys when he had that awful hair... -__-"
Back to top Go down
BiddyAuthor

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:46 pm

MidnightxMusic wrote:
I feel so weird just jumping in here. xD

The only Harvest Moon I play now is AP on the Wii. Though I rarely play it, 'cause I'm usually too busy finishing my Pokemon game or typing out fanfictions or going on Facebook and stuff. Razz Gill and our son must be getting lonely in there...Don't worry, Gilly. I still love you! D': Oh, uh...yeah, I love you too, Nolan...

I used to play DS Cute, but I gave up trying to woo Skye because I had like, 40 sprites and you need 60 to marry. P;
Oh, and I remember I got Rock up to a red heart when I realized he's a complete idiot/jerk and then I found Skye. Dang, I wasted a bunch of time on that guy...he reminds me Nick from Backstreet Boys when he had that awful hair... -__-"

I started out wooing Rock too. I mean in the begining, he is the cutest..... but he's too cocky for my taste. So when I saw Skye, I decided, why not? Well, I decided that after I found out he wasn't &gt;&gt;Odd Chef&lt;&lt; and was a bachelor..... hehe Smile

Andddd I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS!
Back to top Go down
Peachy-Chan
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

Female Number of posts : 62
Roleplay Name : Min-Hee Young

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:42 pm

I only have a Wii but I can also play GC games on it as well. ^^
The only game I actually own is Tree of Tranquility, but I've played other games.

In ToT, I married Luke my first time playing. Now I'm wooing Gill.
When I play as male, I wanted to marry Renee or Selena.
In AP, I believe I married Toby and Jin. I can't remember.

For Runefactory: Frontier, I went after Annette. I haven't played this much.
Back to top Go down
http://caleighroseallison.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?   

Back to top Go down

Which Console: Gamecube, DS, or Wii?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1