AuthorMessage
Kritten
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards :

PostSubject: Working (not on a railroad).   Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Sometime everybody has to get that job and I was just wondering if anyone would like to talk about it?

For instance I first worked at a Little Caesars. It sucked, I only got two hours a week and only worked there three months till the business closed. At minimum wage that sucked, and I also had other calls for interviews that I said 'no' to after I got the job. It just really proves that if you get the job and have calls for interviews, just do the interviews. Cause the job you accepted might just suck like mine did.

Now I've been job searching all summer and finally got a spot at a Texas Roadhouse as a hostess, which I start today. It's a very relaxed, but busy work environment (I get to wear jeans). Also, I have my third interview with Subway (that is in the busy mall). They had me take classes, so it is hard to think that they won't hire me since they've invested in me this much. That's right, I could have two jobs and I'm happy about it.

Kazumi couldn't help but feel a bit nervous around Cody. He was unlike anyone she had ever seen before. His voice was smooth, his skin fair and his hair the perfect shade of brown. But his eyes had to be the most wonderful thing about his looks. Yes, he was like a giant Ken doll.

I love you Kazu. ♥♥♥♥
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

Male Number of posts : 269
Roleplay Name : Konstantin Tribute

PostSubject: Re: Working (not on a railroad).   Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Nah, I got the best job evah!!(Ever though I am thirteen.) I work for(drum roll please.) GOOGLE as a Beta tester on Google+, and the best part is (Not really the best part.) I WORK FOR FREE!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Working (not on a railroad).   Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:19 pm

My cousin used to work at Little Caesar's. He hated it. xD He was glad when it closed.

I really do feel for people who work at restaurants, Kitty. My boyfriend is a food runner at a nice restaurant, and I have a bunch of friends who work at different fast-food joints. It's rough sometimes.

As for me, I work as a child watch attendant at my local YMCA. I'm responsible for looking after and entertaining as many as 25 children between the ages of 6 weeks and 5 years old while their parents work out or do a class. I am in the room with 2 other adults. It's a lot of fun, I get to color and watch Disney movies and be a little kid again for three hours. c:

That job situation was actually an extremely lucky thing for me. I volunteered at the Y's summer camp last year, and through that, I met the volunteer coordinator for that branch, who happened to be one of my classmates/friend's mother. She really, really liked me and, because her son is in the same magnet program that required 75 community service hours, she offered to let me volunteer in the playroom for the year, which was special, because I was the only volunteer in that position. When I turned sixteen in April, she hired me. I LOVE my job. I work three days a week, three hours a day, for a little above minimum wage. It's a perfect situation and I'm so glad.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working (not on a railroad).   

Back to top Go down

Working (not on a railroad).
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1