AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards :

PostSubject: Locks of Love   Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:30 pm

So. Most of you probably don't know what a big deal my hair is to me. xD I was the girl with ridiculously long hair. It's blonde, curly, and...let me tell you, when that kind of hair is waist-length like mine was, it's impossible to take care of.
So I made the decision to cut off almost 13 inches of hair (eep!) and donate it to Locks of Love, which, for those of you who don't know, is a charity that takes donations of human hair and uses it to make wigs for children who have diseases or are going through treatment for diseases and have resulting hair loss.

Click spoiler for before and after pictures. C:

Spoiler:

IT'S A LOT OF HAIR.

But it really is rewarding. And I am proud of myself. And I love my new hair. Florida's too hot for any long hair in the summer, anyway. xD

Anybody else a Locks of Love donator? :3

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
35bell

Female Number of posts : 5158
Roleplay Name : Genna Song

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 pm

WWHOOAAA
Tons of hair :O

YOU'RE SO PRETTY~ ^^
God, I hate the way I look. I just have very low self esteem xD

I have short hair, and I like my hair :C its shoulder length anyways.

Quote :
RainbowMilly : That's a record. Most kids ever had was 69..
AlisaElric0150 : I know. X3.
@ 35bell : -giggle-.
Youtube~Formspring~Fanfiction
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/35bell
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:46 pm

Yes. Yes it is. Every time I saw someone who I hadn't seen for a while they would go "WHOA YOUR HAIR IS SO LONG!!!11!" And when the people I saw every single day told me it was probably time for a haircut, I knew it was hair-salon-time.

Thank you, Bellzy C:
Dearie, you're beautiful, I call tell you that right now. Take it from someone who's had low self-esteem her entire life. True beauty radiates from inside-out. /cheesy

I like my short hair, too. It's so easy to take care of!

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
Andres
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

Male Number of posts : 169
Roleplay Name : Seth

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:48 pm

You know thanks, eternal, that really comes from the heart, my sister was diagnosed with leukemia last year and she was surprised to see how fast she was losing her hair through the process of chemo, but it's thanks to people like you that give people like my sister something to look forward to, in fact my sister loves her new hair it's actually starting to grow back rapidly but in the mean time she wears wigs and she loves it, she says it's like having a new hair style each day, besides it's hot in California so short hair is good.

So thanks alot and I really appreciate people like you, besides you look amazing!
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:54 pm

That made me so happy, Andres. ^_^ I've been growing it out for the purpose of donating it for about a year now. My hair is one of my favorite physical features and I love it being long, but I wanted to make somebody else happy, too. Especially because my hair will grow back. And theirs might not. If it meant a lot to somebody, if it just changed one person's life, I'd do it again in a single second. And I very likely will do it again when it gets long again.

Thank you so much. That made my day. ^_^

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Good girl! I got my first hair cut a few years ago. I had hair down to my butt and I got 12 inches right off that baby and gave it to locks of love.
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

Male Number of posts : 269
Roleplay Name : Konstantin Tribute

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:15 am

.... Wow, I would donate 3 inches of hair (Which is how tall my hair is), but in Egypt there isn't any corporation that does things like that. Also I went wide eyed when you said you donated 13 inches (O.O A FOOT OF HAIR) knowing my sister she wouldn't dream of cutting her hair (When she was about 2 - 4 years old she thought she was a boy and cut her hair into a "Duck butt" style. Because of all the hair cuts her hair went from blonde to Brown.) like that! This made my day.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:46 am

Yeah, because of the layers in my hair, not all of it was exactly 13 inches, but it was around there. And it was all of the usable hair they could get from me. xD Hair's apparently a tricky thing to deal with. Who'da thunk. I really enjoyed the experience and I like having new, short hair to play with. My hair grows really fast, too, so it'll be no time at all before it's that long again.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:43 am

DOESN'T IT FEEL SO LIGHT NOW? 8D
I have done this a couple of times before.

Congrats for doing this, because it takes commitment and sacrifice, lots of sacrifice.

For me it was all the managing of my long hair. I prefer choppy short hair because I don't have pretty curls, but weird waves. It means I can do anything with my hair, but it takes forever when longer than my shoulders. xD

The sad thing is that my hair was never as long as yours. 8'D
I got it cut all the way up to my ears then.

Kazumi couldn't help but feel a bit nervous around Cody. He was unlike anyone she had ever seen before. His voice was smooth, his skin fair and his hair the perfect shade of brown. But his eyes had to be the most wonderful thing about his looks. Yes, he was like a giant Ken doll.

I love you Kazu. ♥♥♥♥
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:16 am

IT'S SO LIGHT. IT'S SUCH A WEIRD FEELING. I literally lost like...at least a pound, just by cutting off my hair. I'm not kidding, it was ridiculous. And pre-hair cut, I would go through a bottle of conditioner in less than a week. Now, I'm using hardly any, and it's so easy to brush and style and even straighten it. It's insane.

Pre-hair-cut, whenever I would try to get up from either bed or the couch or a seat, my hair would get stuck somewhere, and it was just such a pain. >.>

Thank you c: I had to grow it really, really long because if I cut it any shorter than I did, it would look AWFUL because my hair is so curly. >.> It would be a triangle. xD

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
Kamal
Farmer
Farmer

Male Number of posts : 269
Roleplay Name : Konstantin Tribute

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:18 am

Eternal Silence wrote:
It would be a triangle. xD

That made me LOL xD
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans
Farmer
Farmer

Female Number of posts : 240
Roleplay Name : Lily Dawn Evans

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 am

I don't think they take dyed hair unfortunately - but my dad cut his not too long ago and donated it too. ^^ I'm proud of you - you did a great thing. And OMG, your hair is sooo pretty!!! I used to wear mine that long too when I was little. But it tended to give me headaches, so I got it cut. Now I keep it about Lil's length, to about half my back.
Back to top Go down
http://lily-dawn-evans.ucoz.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Locks of Love   

Back to top Go down

Locks of Love
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1