NewsHomeForum and Role Play RulesPortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards :

PostSubject: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Sun May 30, 2010 8:20 pm

Pamela sat there tapping her pencil agenst her knee. Her long light blond hair was piled up in a messy bun upon her head, but hair still fell over her face. She sighed. It had been a very hectic day, a very hectic day. She just needed to get out of the house, if only for a little bit. Planning a book store isn't easy, after all. She thought. Pamela was actually almost done with everything, but that was what was so annoying about it. At least i'll be able to hang around books all day. she thought. Books and Tea.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Sun May 30, 2010 8:34 pm

Iced tea. It was a nice alternative to Arden's drink of choice, but it was much too hot for a nice, steaming cup of chamomile. Maybe that day would come with the turning of the seasons. She could see it now - a fireplace, a book, and a teacup. Perfect.

She was a nerd. She accepted and embraced that as a part of life. Especially her life. Even now, as she walked through the town, a book was tucked under her arm.

She headed to her favorite spot, a nearby patch of trees that provided just enough refuge from the sun. Someone was already sitting there. "Oh, hello," Arden said, surprised. She sat down at the tree opposite the blond with her cup of tea in one hand and her book balanced in her lap.

Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Sun May 30, 2010 8:47 pm

Pamela looked up from her notebook and offered the girl a smile. "Hello." she said. "Sorry, I must have taken your spot. Planning a book store is hard work." Pamela's eyes rested on a book the young blond was carrying with her. "Hey, which book is that?" she chirped with interest. "The cover looks awful familiar, so I must have read it once."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Sun May 30, 2010 8:50 pm

"No, it's okay," Arden replied, shaking her head. "I don't carve my names onto trees or anything. No reservations for me." She smiled. "Oh, a bookstore? That's great; we could really use one around here. I'd be a repeat customer, that's for sure."

She held up her book, Bronte's Jane Eyre. "It's a new cover," she explained. "It just got reprinted. So you probably haven't seen this one. But I'd be surprised if you haven't read it."

Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Sun May 30, 2010 8:58 pm

"A new cover? I never knew." This time, Pamela smiled genuinely. 'It's been AGES since I read the book, but I can still remember it fairly well I suppose.' Pamela placed her pencil and notebook next to her. "Right now, I'm re-reading Pretty Woman. I prefer the classics, though I suppose I'm open to the newer stuff. Ugh, I hated Twilight. That author clearly doesn't know what she's doing."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Sun May 30, 2010 9:06 pm

"Well, companies reprint books a lot. Especially ones without copyrights," Arden said, turning the book over in her hands. "Classics are much better. None of this new-fangled stuff. It makes my head hurt, quite honestly." She shook her head. "I've heard about Twilight. And I'm proud to say I haven't read it. Honestly, the only vampire I care about is dearest Bram's Dracula."

Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Sun May 30, 2010 9:14 pm

"I only read it because my little sister was going gaga over it. She was using terms that wasn't part of the human vocab. Oh geese and she wouldn't stop! SO i read the books so I could speak her language.'' Pamela placed her hands behind her head. "I'm busy taking care of my crazy grandmother and my destructive younger twin siblings, so I'm never able to keep up with anything, as much as I read." Pamela shivered at the mention of Dracula. As hard of core as a reader as I am, I can't stand horror stuff. Murder mysteries, yes, but not horror."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:02 pm

"Horror's not my favorite genre, either. I like mysteries. But excessive blood and gore, and it turns into nothing more than a self-indulgent, graphic, plot-less piece of garbage, which is a shame," Arden said. "Dracula isn't really horror. It's a kind of poetic. I don't know if one could compare it to the Divine Comedy in any way, but both are certainly fine pieces of literature without giving me hellish nightmares for weeks on end." She smiled.

"Oh, you take care of your family? That's sweet. Last year, I was watching my cousin while her parents traveled abroad. But when they returned, she went back home." She sighed, remembering. "So now I have a bit of empty-nest syndrome, even though Sydney wasn't my child. It felt like she was, though. Sometimes."

Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:11 pm

Pamela chuckled. "Want mine? I don't need them right now, too much trouble." Pamela picked her notebook back up and scribbled something else in it. "Either way, Vampires scare me. Twilight made sure of that. But on the up side, I now know what my little sister is talking about, I just wish she'd shut up about it. I'll have to take her into my private library sometime to introduce her to real literature."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Arden grinned. "Twins? No, thanks. I'm one, myself." She took a sip of her tea. "A twin, I mean," she added after a second. "It's not very fun." She hadn't the best of childhoods to look back on. She was trying to make her adult life better than that. Without Jennifer, there was a very good possibility of that.

"Literary superiority and popular demand are two totally different things," she commented. "But then again, most mediums can be put in either category, even dating back centuries. Like in the nineteenth century, with thousands of plays and tragedies being produced with less than three dozen actually meaningful." She took another sip and continued, "I think a character in Voltaire's Candide said it the best. That's a good book, by the way, if you haven't read it."

Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Pamela smiled and nodded. "No, I'll read it sometime, though." She nodded thoughtfully. "Believe it or not, Shakespeare is probably my favorite author, though I can't say I fully agree with all his work. It seems I'm attracted to the more scensless topics of writing. Maybe that's just people I like to critize things.' Pam chuckled. "By the way, did I ask your name yet?" Pam asked.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:23 pm

"Shakespeare was a convoluted man, in my opinion," Arden said, wrinkling her nose. "He peppered his plays and sonnets with little jokes that he thought people too dumb to catch. He was really just fanning his own ego." She sniffed. "But, his works are tolerable. I suppose. He's not my favorite, though." She didn't really have a favorite, either books or authors. She read what she could, passed her judgment, and moved on. Rarely did she reread a novel; only if it was worthy of her repeated attention.

"I'm Arden," she answered. "And you are?"

Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Pamela chuckled at the girl's rant on Shakespeare. "I'm Pamela." she said nodding. "But call me Pam or Pammy. No one calls me that." Pamela mock pouted and crossed her arms. "Anyway, you put up an interesting debate, Arden. I'd love you talk to you more, sometime."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)   

Back to top Go down

Books, Tea, Why am I here? (Arden and Pamela)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1