AuthorMessage
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards :

PostSubject: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Chase smiled to himself as he put the finishing flourish on a scrap piece of paper, tied to a packaged object. An idea had struck him quite out of the blue as he lay in bed the night before, thinking of how to surprise Mia. He looked at the notes spread across his kitchen table, and picked up the first one. Sticking the other pieces in his back pocket, he grabbed a ladder and headed outside. He climbed up to the rooftop and, knowing she would find it there without any interference from him - it was just in her nature - taped the first clue to the ledge of the roof.

What building has the most stories?

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite

Female Number of posts : 2119
Roleplay Name : Blue

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:07 pm

Across the rooftops Mia ran, her feet almost in unison with her racing heart.
By now, she knew almost every nook and cranny that the rooftops of Mineral Town held, every crack and every spot, and every sly route to the bottom.

As she ducked under the piping of a small ventilation system and onto the roof of Chase's store (Suprise, suprise), a small piece of paper catching the sunlight caught her attention. It just hung there, suspended on the ledge of the roof.
Sliding to a halt, she crouched down to examine it.

What building has the most stories?
Immediately, Mia looked towards the tallest building, towering high above the others.
Gently placing the note in her pocket for future reference, she started towards it.

However, quite soon, she stopped in her tracks.
The most stories...
The Library.

She veered around and sped in the opposite direction, making her way to the cozy building.

It was a sneaky riddle, and certainly had her fooled. She mentally smacked herself over and over again, laughing bitterly.

HOO HOO HOO
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Chase wondered briefly if he should trail after her when he saw Mia start to travel in the wrong direction, towards the tallest building, directly opposite the library. He was stepping towards her when suddenly she pivoted, realization and triumph shining on her face. He grinned, knowing that she had figured it out, and quickly ran to the library, ducking under the shadows to avoid detection.

He skidded to a halt in front of the library and pulled the paper out of his pocket. Shuffling them around a bit, he found the one he wanted and, grinning, taped it to the door. He quickly ran inside the building when he heard footsteps approaching, waiting for the next sighting of Mia.

Here on earth it is true, yesterday is always before today; but there is a place where yesterday always follows today. Where?

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:31 pm

As Mia reached the Library, she quickly found another small note hanging from the door. Smiling, she picked it off.
Here on earth it is true, yesterday is always before today; but there is a place where yesterday always follows today. Where?

This quite thoroughly puzzled her. Reading over the note over again and again, her mind ran in circles, trying to figure out the answer.
Yesterday follows today... She mused, I wonder?

Grinning, she thought hard. Someone was playing games with her, but they were fun. Searching through the sentences, she looked for some secret code or something of the like.

Yesterday, today, today, yesterday...
H, E, I...
She quickly started putting together the first letters of every word.
Y, A, F, T... Wait! Mia almost jumped, realisation was so sudden.
'Y' came after 'T'.
Yesterday came after today.

Oh god, she laughed, walking inside, looking around for her next clue, which, she supposed, would be a dictionary.

HOO HOO HOO
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Chase smiled from the second floor of the library. Mia was pretty smart, and, by the look on her face, she appeared to be enjoying his little game. He watched her walk to the resource section of the library, where the dictionary was shelved and a piece of paper just inside the front cover, which read:

The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?

This one would be a little harder; he had planned for increasing difficulty in each clue. As she found the riddle, he slipped out the back entrance of the building, hurrying towards the next location before she figured it out.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:09 am

Walking down the isles of books, Mia caught sight of but one more note, hanging underneath a hefty dictionary. Smiling, she picked it from it's place on the shelf.
The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?

She grinned.
This riddle was a tricky one, but there was only one thing that gave it away so warmly to her. It still took her a minute or two, but had she not realised a certain thing, it probably would have taken her hours.

Had the moments Chase and Mia had spent in the beach not been so wonderfully imprinted in her mind, she would've had alot of trouble with this little riddle in particular.
But no, the more footsteps the two had taken in their cuddly moments in the sun, the more footprints were left in the sand, entwining the moments in the golden grains.
Thank you, Chase. She thought, feeling her heart warm upon his entering her thoughts.

She silently ducked out of the Library and started for the Beach, her enthusiasm only fueled by the sweet reminder by the riddle.

HOO HOO HOO
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:13 am

The last piece of paper that Chase pulled out of his pocket was his personal favorite. For him, it had a double meaning; he knew the true answer, while thinking something else all the while. He walked with purpose to the beach, bordering the ocean that was so familiar to him, and looked for a place to leave the note. He finally set it down on the landing above the sand, and didn't bother to hide. Instead, he walked over to the bench between the two lone buildings on the shore and waited, mulling over the contents of the note in his mind:

You can see nothing else
When you look in my face,
I will look you in the eye
And I will never lie.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:28 am

Mia sprung down from the rooftops and ran the last few meters towards the steps, where the sand started to mingle with the pavement.
There, nestled tenderly amongst the sand, sat the note.
She picked it up with a smile and read.

You can see nothing else
When you look in my face,
I will look you in the eye
And I will never lie.

She felt her heart quiver warmly. She knew who it was now.
And there he was now, Chase, sitting there on a bench in the sun.
Walking up ever-so-quietly, she came wordlessly up from behind and gently wrapped her arms around him, tenderly ducking down to kiss his neck.

HOO HOO HOO
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:31 am

He smiled when he saw her, and pulled her into his lap. "Did you like my riddles?" he asked, easily sliding his hands onto her waist. "It was certainly fun for me to write, and watch." He shuffled beneath her for a moment to reach into his pocket one final time. He pulled out a necklace, smooth and clear. "Here," he said, gently sliding the chain around her neck. "It's hand-blown glass," he explained. The glass was in the shape of a heart, with swirls of color frozen inside.

"That's part one of your reward for being patient and figuring out my scavenger hunt," he said, fastening the clasp and keeping his hands on her neck. He continued, "This is part two," and kissed her.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:13 am

Mia barely had time to say anything before she was quickly pulled into a kiss- not that she was complaining, happily kissing back as she was.

"I love you too much, you know that, right?" She mused, giggling as they pulled away, placing her hands around his neck, spreading her fingers down his back.
"It's beautiful, Chase." She said, feeling it's cold, smooth surface against her chest.
"I love you," She chimed, "Just thought I'd remind you..."

It was turning into a little tradition of Mia's to say that.
She sighed, not wearily, but, once again, at peace, in the warm air of the sun and the arms of whom she loved.

HOO HOO HOO
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:24 am

Chase laughed. "I know. I love you, too." She looked completely comfortable, almost as much as he felt. He pulled her to his chest and wrapped his arms even tighter around her, watching the sun fall at a surprising speed as dusk approached.

"You want to take a walk?" he murmured against her ear, rubbing her back lightly with his hands. "It's pretty right now." He made a move to stand up, not wanting to knock her off if she wanted to stay right where she was, which was, of course, perfectly fine with him, as well. The necklace around her throat glittered in the sun, and he was pleased with it. Overall, he had had a fun day, and wanted to end it with Mia, no matter what they were doing.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:52 am

"Whatever you please." She mused, smiling as she found Chase's hand and gave it a little squeeze.

Honestly, it didn't matter what happened. As long as he was there, the world could be ending, and she'd still feel completely happy and safe with Chase near.
It was too wonderful to be anything but happy, too happy to be anything but bliss.

HOO HOO HOO
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:57 am

"OK." He pulled her to her feet, and then wrapped his big hand around her tinier one, lacing his fingers with hers and squeezing tightly. He started to walk down the sand, pulling her behind him until she caught up, at which point he released her hand and moved it up to her shoulder, the tips of his fingers playing upon the bare part of her torso lightly, like butterfly kisses. "What a sunset, huh?" he murmured, pulling her a little closer to him.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:07 am

Mia nodded.
Though her eyes were on the retreating sun, her heart laid still to Chase.
She didn't say much, but, as so many times before, she didn't have to.
The waves whispered it for her, the sun shone it too, the leaves in the trees and the swirling golden sands danced it out.

As if the world spoke for her.
"I love you."

HOO HOO HOO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]   

Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt [Reserved Mia/Chase]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1