clairexcliff
Hero
Hero

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards :

PostSubject: 2012-the movie   Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:55 am

i watch the movie 2012..and it was freaking my nerves..it was full of suspense events and the effects freak me out..anyway,do you have any negative feedback on this movie?
Back to top Go down
Red Riding Hood
Sprite
Sprite

Female Number of posts : 2119
Roleplay Name : Blue

PostSubject: Re: 2012-the movie   Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:03 am

This movie aggrovates me.
Simply because the public is, evidently, not ready for it.
There are people trying to kill themselves because that movie had them so freaked out about this silly 2012 thing that they tried to hang themselves.
I know this guy who seriously tried to kill himself because he was scared into thinking that if he didn't kill himself now, he would die a horrible fiery death in 2012.

There is a line, Hollywood, a line you are not meant to cross.
When you scare humanity enough that people are trying to kill themselves, you take it out of the cinemas, or at least remind them that it's all fiction.

And that is my little rant on why the movie 2012 aggrovates me. ^.^

HOO HOO HOO
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: 2012-the movie   Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:40 pm

I thought it was stupid.

But entertaining.

But stupid.

Farmer
Farmer

Female Number of posts : 979
Roleplay Name : Crystal
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: 2012-the movie   Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:05 pm

I saw the preview: Meteors? Not possible.

If no one knows how the dinosaurs died, how can they predict our death? That's why I don't beileve in this prediction. The number of humans on the whole Earth is huge!
Back to top Go down
http://wolfpackheart.webs.com/
stephxluke
Farmer
Farmer

Female Number of posts : 804
Roleplay Name : Alex Addison Camp
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: 2012-the movie   Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:36 pm

Well, I am a Christian and therefore do not believe that humans can predict when the world will end- its on God's time. A boy in my class saw it and he said the effects were awesome. The previews looked cool, effects wise, but the whole concept... meh...

But seriously, Hollywood should say something if people are trying to kill themselves over it...
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: 2012-the movie   Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:56 pm

The effects were actually kind of cheesy, in my opinion. :3 I guess it's all relative, though. CGI standards are pretty low these days.

Farmer
Farmer

Female Number of posts : 585
Roleplay Name : Soph
2nd rp name:Leon

PostSubject: Re: 2012-the movie   Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:51 pm

My friend seems to think this movie is the truth. She asked me if I'd seen it and then went into a long talk about the world ending and how we're all going to die. I told her she was stupid to believe such a thing and that the world was meant to end last December, anyway. But if she's happy to think the world will end and that every Hollywood movie on the subject is the truth, I won't stop her panicking about it.
Back to top Go down
Rosette
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1904
Roleplay Name : Venus
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: 2012-the movie   Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 pm

artygamer wrote:
My friend seems to think this movie is the truth. She asked me if I'd seen it and then went into a long talk about the world ending and how we're all going to die. I told her she was stupid to believe such a thing and that the world was meant to end last December, anyway. But if she's happy to think the world will end and that every Hollywood movie on the subject is the truth, I won't stop her panicking about it.

I have never met anyone who believes in Hollywood movies (or tv movies/drama) to be the truth. I hope you can convince your friend. Explain that the Mayan's just didn't think that far to even include that many "extra" days in their calendar since they won't live this long, and that's why it ended. XD

Well at least that's what my sister told me. I really don't pay attention to the 2012 thing but that makes a whole lot of sense.

And to ES:
I thought the effects were good, at least in the commercials as I did not watch this movie.

Quote :
There is a line, Hollywood, a line you are not meant to cross.
When you scare humanity enough that people are trying to kill themselves, you take it out of the cinemas, or at least remind them that it's all fiction

I agree with this. There are people who believe in this that much. I dislike people feeding off people's fears, hype, etc. I guess those directors do not believe in this, and they just do not understand the people who believe (which includes a lot of the world). Also, well it's really about the "money" eh?

-Birthday Sig by Shiki
Retired. Please contact the co-owners 12Kittycat1214 and Eternal Silence if you are in need of assistance.
Back to top Go down
http://http:harvestdreams.net
Midnight Wolf
Farmer
Farmer

Female Number of posts : 979
Roleplay Name : Crystal
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: 2012-the movie   Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:25 pm

Money...that's what people are after these days. But Hollywood did go extremely overboard. Everyone knows the Mayans were a little....wacky.....Maybe they were to lazy to continue the calender and said "Hey! Let's scare the life out of people and make them think the world will end!" That's exactly what Hollywood also thought.
Back to top Go down
http://wolfpackheart.webs.com/
clairexcliff
Hero
Hero

Male Number of posts : 4687
Roleplay Name : Amando
2nd char:Roan

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: 2012-the movie   Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:48 am

well..you're right..i am Catholic too..and i am seriously not believing in those predictions..sa for the movie it will scare people and make them trauma..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012-the movie   

Back to top Go down

2012-the movie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1