Kritten
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 8780
Roleplay Name : Kitty Kitz
Awards :

PostSubject: Skip Beat!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Quote :
Skip-Beat! is about Kyoko Mogami, a wistful yet cheery sixteen year-old girl who loves her childhood friend, Shotaro, but is cruelly betrayed and thus seeks revenge against him. She used to spend a lot of time at Shotaro's parents' inn and learned a lot about housekeeping, hostelry, and other jobs (sewing, cooking, serving tea traditionally, etc.). Shotaro, not wishing to take over his parents' inn, becomes bored of living in Kyoto and decides to move to Tokyo to pursue a career in music. Sho, as he is called by his fans, asks Kyoko to leave high school in Kyoto Prefecture and her life behind to help him. Upon arrival in Tokyo, Kyoko lives an unreasonably frugal life, spending nothing on herself and doing whatever she can for the freeloading Sho, who eventually becomes ranked seventh in the top twenty most popular entertainers of Japan. One day, however, as Kyoko brings Sho his lunch at a company building, she overhears Shotaro complaining about her to his manager, saying that she is a boring and plain girl with no sex appeal that he'd like to cast away. He then proceeds to sweet-talk and flirt with his manager, in stark contrast to the cold and demanding attitude he usually exhibits towards Kyoko. Unlike other heroines in the same situation, Kyoko doesn't shed many tears when she learns that Sho thinks she's only good for housekeeping. Instead, her "Pandora's box" opens and she vows vengeance on Sho. Enraged, Kyoko attempts to attack Sho, but is instantly carried off by security. Sho mockingly tells her that if she wants revenge, she had better become a bigger star than him. And so, Kyoko, vowing revenge, changes her appearance and enters the entertainment business, facing many challenges along the way. Skip Beat! follows Kyoko's journey to climb the showbiz ladder as she meets interesting people, in the hopes of getting revenge on Shotaro, but also in order to get back her sense of compassion that she had lost when her heart was broken by Sho. However, she later discovers that she is acting because she wants to, not on revenge for Sho.

I must say that I'm in love with this manga (but I hate the anime version.) I'm a huge fan of Skip Beat! and I am wondering if anyone else here is too. I've read up to chapter 148 and I am egarly waiting for 149 to come out badly. (If you read 148 you'd so understand this.)

Kazumi couldn't help but feel a bit nervous around Cody. He was unlike anyone she had ever seen before. His voice was smooth, his skin fair and his hair the perfect shade of brown. But his eyes had to be the most wonderful thing about his looks. Yes, he was like a giant Ken doll.

I love you Kazu. ♥♥♥♥
Back to top Go down
Rosette
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1904
Roleplay Name : Venus
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:38 pm

Quote :
but I hate the anime version

I actually like the anime version because I haven't read the manga. I really like this anime compared to most Shojo's. Very Happy

And I'm waiting for them to make a second season for the anime right now. Is the manga exactly like the first season of the anime?

-Birthday Sig by Shiki
Retired. Please contact the co-owners 12Kittycat1214 and Eternal Silence if you are in need of assistance.
Back to top Go down
http://http:harvestdreams.net
Kritten
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:46 pm

In the anime they skip out quite a bit of it and it's pretty close to the manga, but they shorten up a lot of the
Ren X Kyoko conflicts which makes me mad. Otherwise it's fine.

The first season also ends when it's about to be the most intresting too. It's like you can't read past chapter 68 page 14. Plus they are still discussing wheather to make another season or not to.

Kazumi couldn't help but feel a bit nervous around Cody. He was unlike anyone she had ever seen before. His voice was smooth, his skin fair and his hair the perfect shade of brown. But his eyes had to be the most wonderful thing about his looks. Yes, he was like a giant Ken doll.

I love you Kazu. ♥♥♥♥
Back to top Go down
Dojikko

Female Number of posts : 20
Roleplay Name : Brody Michael Panes

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 pm

I thought the anime was fine, but the manga is a beast. Everything about it is amazing. And I adore Shou. He's such an awesome character. Best in the manga, in my oppinion.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:37 am

I agree, his is alot better in the manga. (Even though I'm a Ren fan.)
How far you it the series?

I love you Kazu. ♥♥♥♥
Back to top Go down
Dojikko

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:27 pm

I've read all the scanalated chapters that are out so far. So...until chapter 153, I think?
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Yep. ^^
I think I like the whole Valentines part the best so far. It was filled with the most drama and suspence to me at least.

I love you Kazu. ♥♥♥♥
Back to top Go down
Dojikko

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:32 am

The Valentines part was fun, lot's of things happened in it. And yeah, lots of drama. But my favorite would deffinately have to be the time when they went on location for Dark Moon. I can reread that part over and over again and never get bored.

Although a large part of that may be because we had a lot of Shou time during that part of the manga. xD So autimatically that makes it a major plus for me.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:52 pm

fun manga XD i'ma RenxKyoko i've stopped reading it though due to the slow updates and the fact mangafox is crawing with viruses out darned computer is prone to. i'll probably start reading it again once it's updated some more (i read it online, in case you didn't pick that up ;D)
Back to top Go down
Dojikko

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:57 pm

I suggest reading it on Onemanga instead, since they don't carry all the viruses.
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:04 am

Haha, poor Sho hasn't made any appearances lately XD It's just been Kyoko and Ren pretending to be brother and sister--which I'm personally enjoying :3
Back to top Go down
Wess
Sprite
Sprite

Male Number of posts : 1605
Roleplay Name : Wess
2nd Character: Maris
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:13 am

Wess doesn't read. *eye twitch* Link to the anime pwease? c:
Back to top Go down
Speakeasy
Farmer
Farmer

Female Number of posts : 346
Roleplay Name : Ray Burns

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:57 pm

ohmahgosh Skip Beat. <33333

I'm still reading it, but the sad thing is, I kinda forgot some of the characters. D; It's kinda long, and even though the material is really good, I don't feel like searching for the parts I forgot about.

so I'm just reading while forgetting a bunch of stuff now. bahaha.
Back to top Go down
Animefanatic
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

Female Number of posts : 84
Roleplay Name : Yimesue

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Man I love the Manga....never tried the anime....anywho I want 2 get the rest of it cuz I only got the 1st one....yes Ik its sad, but hopley I will get 2 read it soon. Its mad funny XD
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:19 pm

You haven't gotten to read number 2 yet?
YOU POOR CHILD. HERE IS A LINK SO YOU CAN READ IT NOW:
http://www.mangareader.net/117-5288-2/skip-beat/chapter-6.html

I love you Kazu. ♥♥♥♥
Back to top Go down
Animefanatic
Fledging Farmer
Fledging Farmer

Female Number of posts : 84
Roleplay Name : Yimesue

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:31 pm

ty...its nice 2no that there r nice ppl here
Back to top Go down
psychobrit2008

Female Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:57 am

This was one of my favorite manga's during my highschool years. <333
Though I haven't been keeping up since last year. D:
Maybe i'll read some tonight. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.hmmeadow.net
Allen
Farmer
Farmer

Male Number of posts : 239
Roleplay Name : Jaron Belmont

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Sounds interesting Ill have to research it and watch it.
Back to top Go down
Kritten
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:19 pm

The anime version sucks to me personally. :\
The manga is so goooooooood though. (Especially the recent chapters.)

I love you Kazu. ♥♥♥♥
Back to top Go down
Allen
Farmer
Farmer

Male Number of posts : 239
Roleplay Name : Jaron Belmont

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Wel i prefer to watch becuase reading i can get easily distracted by flashing stuff :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skip Beat!   

Back to top Go down

Skip Beat!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1