Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Female Number of posts : 6693
Roleplay Name : Kazumi Martin

Awards :

PostSubject: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:46 pm

(ian, arden)it was dark. No, it was pitch black out. With nothing but the fireflys and stars to light up the night. He was there, alone. playing his voilin. A beautiful but sad melody flowed softly from the strings. The player was useeable. But the music was so beauitful and soothing, there was no need to know who was playing.

Last edited by afsangel on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 6205
Roleplay Name : Arden Auiban
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:54 pm

Arden frowned. "What the heck..." she murmured, hearing music coming from the meadow. It was strange, sure...but so was the fact that she was even out so late, by herself. She had always been paranoid about wandering aimlessly between the shadows, even in a small, non-dangerous place such as Sunshine Island. The night had brought along a chill with the darkness, so she wrapped her jacket a bit tighter around herself and crossed the bridge that led to the meadow.

The tune was alluring; it was also what directed Arden's feet in the direction they needed to go. She was compelled to walk until she ran into a dark figure, falling backwards on the soft grass. "Oof," she grunted, landing hard.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
http://undertheorangetree.deviantart.com/
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:58 pm

the music stopped. the man looked down at her with narrow eyes. his hair appeared to be black, butit was hard to tell in the night. then, the pricing eyes turned gentle. he said nothing, but simply started to play again. this time, more gentlier and friendly. the wind blew a cold breeze, but the player seemed unfazed by it.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Arden squinted past the cover of darkness to try and identify the musician. Finally, she gasped softly. "Ian?" she asked, getting off of the ground and brushing her jeans off. "What are you doing here?" She looked longingly at the instrument, wanting to just touch it. It was beautiful. She loved the violin ever since her next-door-neighbor, snobby Alexa Hardin, had brought home a brand-new violin and played it 24-7. "Wow, what a great instrument," Arden breathed. "Are you renting it, or did you buy it?"

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Ian stopped playing. "no, it was my father's." he said. his voice was soft like velvet. "nice to see you again Miss Arden." "but this is a rather odd place to meet." he said. there was a hint of humor in his voice. "may i ask what you're doing here at this time of night?" the wind blew another cold chill of air.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Arden smiled coyly. "I could ask you the same question," she pointed out. "Some people might be disturbed by your rather loud instrument, especially at this time of night." She chuckled, and then hesitated. "May--May I play?" She had taken lessons briefly when she was fifteen, using a rented instrument. Her heart ached to play the instrument, and she had to put her best self-control into place to keep from reaching out and stroking the polished wood.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Ian was silent for a second. he smiled braodly. "alright he said. he was pretty fats. for he wa down there no later than a seocnd. she wrapped his arms around arden as he positioned her arms for the itrument. his face dangerously close to hers. "i know you might know how to play, but i just want to make sure." "this voilin, is very speical to me after all."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Arden breathed slowly. His face...is awfully close to mine... she noted, fighting a blush that threatened to creep up on her face. She nodded, and then positioned her hands the way Ian was directing them. Slowly, she began to move the bow across the strings, playing a soft melody, humming softly along with it. She closed her eyes and nodded her head along with the music, totally losing herself amongst the notes and rythms.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Ian smiled at arden. he could tell she was really getting into it. he layed back and listened. at first, when she asked, he didn't want to give his preoicus treaure up. But he was really enjoying it. until finally, he broke out into a chuckle. it was the first time he really laughed in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:32 pm

When the song was over, Arden sat carefully next to Ian on the ground, being careful not to jostle the instrument. "It's beautiful," she repeated, handing it back to him with a steady hand. She smiled, and then laid her head back on the soft grass. Her blonde hair curled around her pretty face as she closed her eyes and made a wish on the first star that she saw in the sky. "It doesn't get any better than this," she said out loud, reopening her eyes and looking into the sky. She crossed her hands delicately over her chest and smiled softly, turning to look at Ian. "Isn't it pretty?"

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Ian wa staring at her. a puzzled look on his face. then he turned his head to the sky and smiled. "ya, it is." he said. he put is voilin in the case next to him and glanced up at the sky with her. He looked at aredn again. "you're shivering." he said hugging her close. "it is rather cold out here tonight."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:45 pm

Arden began to open her mouth in protest, but closed it quickly when she realized that she was enjoying his touch. She settled softly into his arms and smiled. "So, tell me more about yourself, mystery man," she said softly, pressing her cheek against his bicep.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 pm

Ian let out a chuckle. "that, my dear, is a secret." he said with some smug in his voice. he was revling his more playful side. "I might or might no reviel things about my self." "you'll just have to see." he said proudly. "how about this, we play 10 questions.' "i ask you ten, then you aks me ten." "how about that?"
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Arden chuckled. "OK, mister," she said, turning on her other side and propping her head up with a fist. "I'll go first. Question One: What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life?" She smiled, easily picturing an easy-going guy like Ian laughing with his friends. But she wanted to know what really made him laugh. She personally thought that she had a good sense of humor; she was attracted to males with the same attribute.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Ian thought about this for a second. he let go of arden and leaned back on his elbows. Then, a wamr smiled crossed his face. "well, i didn't think it was funny back then, but now that i think about it, my grandfather used to get this zanny idea i was going to be a pro wrestler when i grew up." "so he's try and train me by making my climb rocks and doing redicilous tasks." ian let out a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Arden smiled. "I was pretty close to my wacky grandparents, too," she mused. Then, sitting up all the way, she said, "All right. Next question. Which celebrity would you like to become?" You could tell a lot about a person by the people they admired. If someone admired someone simply because of their looks, then it was pretty safe to assume that the person was as shallow as a swimming pool. Or, if they liked a celebrity because of the good deeds and charities that were associated with that person, you could assume that the person had a good heart. She waited patiently for his answer, rubbing her arms to stay warm.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:08 pm

once again, ian was silent. but not becuase he was thinking. finally he said; "my parents.' he blushed slightly as he said this. Ian wasn't sure how Arden would react. he had never relaly opend up to anyone before. But this girl seemed diffrent. She seemed to understand. so he dicided it was safe.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Arden smiled. "That's a good answer," she said, moving ever so slightly closer to him. "OK. Your turn," she said abrubtly. "I decided that, instead of doing our ten questions one at a time, we should take turns. So, go ahead. Ask away. I'm ready for anything." It was strange, her opening up to this boy, whom she had just met, sitting in the middle of a meadow, well after midnight. But she felt strangely safe, and comfortable. It was perplexing, but at the same time, incredible.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Ian smirked. "ok missy." he said. "questions one and two.' 'one: who was your first love?" 'and two: what is your favorite food." Ian layed back on the grass. with his hands behind his head.the stars seemed brighter tonight. He had noticed how pretty arden was. but it was a passing thought.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Arden smiled demurely, clasping her hands together in her lap before saying, "My first and only love is my art. I love to draw, and I sketch any time I get the opportunity. I know that's not what you're asking though, so here's the second part of my answer to your question: I thought I was in love with my boyfriend/fiance, Dean. But he cheated on me with my sister, and I realized how blind I had been." She paused for a moment, fighting back a brief bout of sadness, and then continued. "Second question. My favorite food is probably rice, just because it's simple, but when combined with other foods, it's absolutely amazing."

She paused for a second, and then said, "You know what? Playing a questions game is kinda silly, now that I think about it. I'd much rather get to know you just by being with you, you know?"

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Ian smiled. "ui suppose so.' 'and i'm sorry to hear about dean.' "he's the real loser, becuase he lost you." "it may not be tomarrow, or three years from now, but someday he will regret it." "do you hold it agesnt your sister?" "that she cheated with your boyfriend?" Ian looked at her with a puzzled look.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:29 am

"Oh my Goddess, are you kidding me?" Arden choked. "I wanted to strangle her. I wanted to strangle both of them. Then again, I should've expected it. My sister's always been a complete..." she hesitated, then continued, "...jerk to me. And my boyfriend was a stupid moron who would drool over anything with a low-cut shirt. Talk about degrading." She scoffed, like she didn't care, but inside, the wounds that she thought had healed were slowly breaking again. She turned away, took a deep breath, and then said, under her breath, "I just want someone to...love me. It sounds corny, but..."

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:11 pm

"not at all." ian said with a smile. "we want to find true love." "some more than others." "some will have to wait for what seems like a lifetime, others seem to find it where ever they go." "you'll find him, don't worry." ian closed his eyes and smiled. "anyway, it is late." "would you like me to take you home so you don't freeze to death?" he asked kindly. "it would be my pleasure, princess."
Back to top Go down
Eternal Silence
Admin
Admin

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Arden laughed softly. "I'm about the furthest thing from a princess," she said, her eyes smiling sadly at Ian. Standing up, she sighed, and nodded her head. "Yeah. I should be getting home." Something in her begged to stay, but she ignored it. "You may walk me home," she giggled, holding out her hand. She shivered as another breeze blew through, scattering her hair and making her shake.

Chase~~Alouette~~Graham
Back to top Go down
afsangel
Special Member
Special Member

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:17 pm

Ian sqeased her hand. her put his jacket over her. "you may keep it for tonight." he said with a smile. "it's rather chilly for summer and i don't think it'll get any better." a soft smiled appeared on his face. he took arden's hand and walked her home. "sweet dreams, princess." he said. he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]   

Back to top Go down

Encounter in the meadow; the voilin's sad tune. [reserved]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next